Monday, September 29, 2014

AOE: Small but challenging.

Once again (or many times later) I am going to take you to my hiking trip back to October 2012. In this trip, me and COTAS (my community in Subang) were hiking to the mount Canggah, located in Cibogo, Subang, Indonesia. It is about 1600-1800 meters high (I'm not pretty sure about the exact number). The reason why I put  "small but challenging” as the title of this post is because mount Canggah itself is relatively tiny (There are many other higher mountains in Java island) and but we passed it through a non-human way until reaching its summit. What I mean by the 'non-human way' is because this is not a common hiking track for people. There are only few of them have passed through this track. Therefore it was very challenging for us as we have to clear out the way. It took around 5 hours to get to the top of it (including couple minutes of rest).

View from Canggah summit.
Our backpack.
A real jungle. hahah..
Jodi, Wilandika, and our guide, mr.Darman
First time seeing clouds from upper summit.
With my friend, Wilandika. (we chose him as the leader of COTAS)
Jodi was seeing Cileat waterfall near the mountain.
Having snacks after 5-hours journey.

A man-made hovel at the summit.
Here is a video I made at the summit.


Going back as well as going into the jungle.
Taking a rest for a while.
An insect I don't know the name.
Cleaning our body at the river as a substitution of our lack of time of going to Cileat waterfall.
I had never thought that mount Canggah, a mountain near my hometown, could give me an outstanding experience. I have been living in Subang for couple years but I didn't know it could give me such amazing experiences through doing some challenging activities around this place (in this case is a hiking).

Indonesia has a lot of attractions, the famous one just like Bali, Lombok, Raja ampat, and so on; or the not-very-famous ones just like some places that We as Indonesians just found out about them. That's why 'Wonderful Indonesia' is titled to promote it to the world.

Having a lot of amazing places doesn't mean that Indonesia just have to wait for tourists to come. Indonesia has a problem in building good infrastructures. I don't know about the real problem is but from what I saw on TVs and from my own experience, that issue is real. Bad infrastructure prevents tourists come to Indonesia which results in the decline of tourist number each year in some provinces. Another problematic factor which I saw on TVs too is that, many local citizens have limited knowledge about?? which very often destructs the Indonesia's attraction. Learning from these problems, as an Indonesian we must preserve Indonesia's nature. Giving an education to locals is one way to do that. More importantly, the government must build good infrastructures evenly and seriously in all areas for the sake of Indonesian's future investment. I wonder if less money were corrupted, how far Indonesia has progressed to this present days?! It’s just so much to think about and to in this country, isn’t it?

Well, It just my thoughts. I don’t mean to stress everyone out with this kind of discussion! The point is that I just want to urge people to preserve and protect our country with all assets and resources in it. In addition, I hope you can try exploring the not so famous places and make it more famous, at least for the local tourist first. I think that’s the easiest way on how we can help to promote Indonesia’s tourism.

Have a good day everyone :)

Completed by Shinanandana

No comments:

Post a Comment