Saturday, September 6, 2014

AOE: Monument of love, Taj Mahal, India.

Taj mahal is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. It was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal in 1632–1653. The Taj Mahal is widely recognized as "the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal). It is listed as one of 7 wonders in the world. Located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India; I and my Taiwanese friend, Austin, took a 27 hours-train from Hyderabad on August 2, 2011. It was an outstanding experience to cross the states in someone's country. The entry fee is 750 rupees for foreign tourist and 20 rupees for Indian tourist. (http://www.tajmahal.gov.in/ticketing1.html)

The Great gate (Darwaza-i rauza)—gateway to the Taj Mahal
Taj mahal mosque
Taj mahal mosque beside the monument of love.
With my Taiwanese friend, Austin. We traveled around Northern India for 2 weeks.
Use this kind of thing or take off your footwear when you go into the Taj mahal.
Taj mahal from a closer look.
Calligraphy around the entrance
The artistic-monument of love.
A view of minaret and the river Yamuna.
This is my real passion. Travel around the world!
I had never thought that I would see by my own eyes the world's heritage as my lack experience of going abroad. But, as time goes on, that occasion finally came to me. I didn't prepare for something complicated, just some ordinary stuffs such as couple set of clothes, camera/hand phone, passport including visa, some money, my knowledge about the place, and my mentality to face a different culture. Low-budget travel could give you a real experience that you won't ever forget. Let's travel to this awesome planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment