Friday, September 19, 2014

AOE: Sikh's holy place, Golden Temple, Amritsar.

Golden temple, first time I heard it, I had never thought it was such an amazing place. I could feel it when I was there on 7th August 2011. The atmosphere was different from the most places I've visited in India. When first stepped into Golden temple gate, my mind told me that they were Moslem because the females were wearing veils but when I asked it to my friends, the answer was clear. It is a holy place of Sikh. The Sikh in Golden temple we (I and my overseas friends) met was very friendly even though they are minority in India. We were completely pleased of being there as we took a look around accompanied by a Sikh friend we just met. We were offered to have a short trip inside the Golden temple.

Ambiance of the Golden temple entrance.
You must take your footwear off.
Put my feet on others' holy place was such a remarkable experience. (I haven't gone to mine yet)
The Golden temple in the middle of the pool.
Buildings around the Golden temple.
Beside the Golden temple, there are many beautiful buildings like this one.
People were standing in line to enter the Golden temple.
But we went into the Golden temple through the exit way because somebody told us to do that.
Before entering the temple, usually you'll be given something to eat, something that is made from nut.
A beautiful creation of human. I am impressed.
Some Hindi fonts on the entrance.
With the teenagers who are soon to be the guardian of the Golden temple.
Peace was all I felt over there.
The Golden temple night version.
With the Golden temple guardian.
Golden temple appeared on one of Ben Kingsley's movies titled Gandhi in 1982. So, the beauty of the Golden temple is beyond doubt. It became my best attraction in India which I spontaneously visited for free. We just had to take a bus from Pushkar and that was not really a long way just like my 27-hours-train-trip from Hyderabad to Agra. 

The world has lots of something you have no idea about. So, when you find it out, treasure it and appreciate all the differences that it might have. Sukhria.

No comments:

Post a Comment