Wednesday, November 12, 2014

AOE: When Ellora caves amazed me!


During my trip to India in 2011, I didn't miss a single chance to travel around. In the third week of my volunteer program there, I decided to go to Aurangabad with some friends. One of the most famous attractions in Aurangabad is Ellora caves. I thought all caves are the same, but I was wrong. Ellora caves are the typical huge rock-caves with some ancient carvings around its wall. I could see different variety of reliefs in almost all of its huge wall. It was made in between the 5th and 10th century by the Rashtrakuta dynasty. That is why Ellora is distinctive to other caves. So, it amazed me as a kid who was born in 20th century.










I liked it there, even though I needed to walk for a couple kilos to visit all of the caves. I could find a carved-stories around the wall just like what I heard in historical stories. For me, that was the best cave destination so far.

Interested to visit Ellora caves?

No comments:

Post a Comment