Wednesday, June 11, 2014

AOE: Himalayas in Manali, India.

Namaste, everyone ! This time I wouldn't like to give a book reference, but my travel experience. This section is called AOE (Above Ordinary Experience). Why did I decide to share my experience to blog even though I wasn't a blogger (maybe I am now, amateur)? Because sometimes when I was traveling to anywhere, I wondered if just me and my travel friends who could feel the atmosphere. I wanna share to others too! 3 attemps that I've tried; 1. Shared it to my Facebook, just photos, no stories, 2. I tried to share it to my Tumblr, tried to make a story but failed. At the end, it's like the first one, 3. Shared it to my Instagram. Regardless it has a photo map and some words to say, I don't feel like it's shared enough. So, this time maybe my last attempt to share about my experience due to I don't plan to be failed (again).

AOE this time, is going to share about my travel to one of the most admired places in India, Manali. Manali is located in Himachal Pradesh State. It has a cold weather, different from other places in India.

Map of Manali
I went there from 12th until 15th August 2011. Took off from Dharamshala (will share it later) by bus (the only public transportation it had) with my friends (2 Filipinos, 1 Bulgarian, and 1 Taiwanese. Backpackers group haha..), my mind was gonna blow up. Why? because Manali is placed at the feet of Himalayas which I wanted to see badly. Even though we couldn't hike it due to our limited time of traveling, we're just very happy to see one of the most famous mountains in the world (I didn't see mount Everest because it's so far from there.). A real snow was the first thing I admired to (Indonesia doesn't have snow, exclude mount Carstensz).
Himalayas from Manali
 Another view of Himalayas from Manali



 Himalayan Extreme Center for who wants to get amazing experience there


A temple inside a pine forest

My favorite animal in Manali, Yak
I have lots of great experience of traveling to Manali, but there were also bad experience too, such as, my ATM card was swallowed accidentally when I really needed money. Fortunately, my Taiwanese friend borrowed me some and I gave it back (of course) after we arrived in Hyderabad which was our hometown in India. (note: I always spread my money whenever I traveled; in wallet, in trousers, in luggage, in my bag, wherever I could hide my money well.). We spent our time to refresh our minds and enjoy the view in Manali. (of course we weren't in rush). That was one of my best experience I have until now. You all (readers) are welcome to ask about traveling to Manali. I'll help you as much as possible. Dhan'yavāda (Thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment