Saturday, June 14, 2014

AOE: A Desert in Pushkar, India.

Before I start this AOE, I was extremely happy because my "AOE: Himalayas in Manali, India." was shared on The India Daily (http://paper.li/GoodBlogPosts46/1318294603#!leisure). Maybe it's because of I am still an amateur blogger, so when people shared about my blog, I was extremely happy. So, Thank you for sharing this.

This time, I wanna talk about my past experience of travelling of Pushkar, a colourful place with desert and a famous beautiful sunset-view spot. Pushkar (Hindi: पुष्कर) is a town in the Ajmer district in the Indian state of Rajasthan. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pushkar).

Map of Pushkar

 A desert, colourful sarees, camels, gooses, a lake, and other Indian traditional objects are parts of Pushkar. Those objects decorate Pushkar perfectly. I was personally amazed  by it. That was my first experience of travelling to desert.

A view when we just arrived in Pushkar
A camel in Pushkar
Pushkar has the world's largest livestock and camel fairs every year called Pushkar fair. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to experience it as we couldn't stay too long there.

Colourful sarees
Chapati, a flatbread from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Pakistan
 Indian bracelets for a gift
Pushkar lake
 Gooses at Pushkar lake
Sunset is one of many attractions in Pushkar
Many attractions in Pushkar that are really worthy to be considered if you are looking for a great place in India, such as riding a camel (even though I didn't try it due to my budget limit), shopping Indian traditional things (I bought 7 Indian harem pants for about 500 rupees; you should use your bargain skill, hahah), many restaurants that provide great spots to enjoy a sunset view, many temples around Pushkar, and so on. One more thing, I forgot to share about the public transportation that Pushkar had. The bus was the only public transportation there as Pushkar is a small district. I arrived in Pushkar on 3rd of August 2011 by public bus with my friends (4 Taiwanese: Austin Chen, Hsuanchin Wu Helen, Victor, and Mandy; and 1 Bulgarian: Ekaterina Mandova) and left on 5th of August 2011. It took about 2-3 hours from Jaipur. We had to wait couple minutes before we took off because of the buses were still rare. I forgot about the cost of the bus but it was cheap for me, a fresh graduate Indonesian who just brought 500 USD to India for traveling in 1 month and 2 weeks. That was incredible. I'm proud I've been there.
So, if you are planning to have a travel to Pushkar, feel free to ask me. I'll help you as much as possible. Dhan'yavāda (Thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment