Tuesday, June 17, 2014

AOE: 3 unstoppable-days in Singapore.

Different from previous AOEs, this time I want to share about my journey in Singapore with my Indonesian friends (Nuna Sani, Waiji, and Arzie). The only reason I went to Singapore was just because I wondered why most people (specifically for Indonesian) spent their holiday there. (Even I have a friend who went there more than twice). So, I asked my friends to have 3 short-days trip to Singapore at 26th to 28th of August 2013.

That was my first time to travel abroad with my own budget. We got a promo ticket like Rp.525.000 for round trip. (I know there is a ticket which is cheaper than ours). We lived at Mercury Backpacker Hostel, Lavender. (we got a promo price too, about SGD 80 for 2 days). Private jacuzzi on its rooftop, Wi-Fi, 4 beds in one room, hot and cold water shower, and a TV in its living room are all included.
 
We used Singapore Tourist Past (STP) to travel around Singapore. It covered MRT, LRT, Bus, and so on, so we could get cheaper prices overall. It's about SGD 30 for 3 days using and if you return it, you can get SGD 10 cashback. I recommend it if you're planning to have a holiday in Singapore for 3 days. Places we visited were Bugis, Chinatown, Clarke Quay, Marina Bay, Esplanade Theater on the Bay, Merlion, Sentosa Island, Singapore Botanic Garden, Holland Village, Mustafa at Farrer Park, HarbourFront, Orchard Road.

We had some unique experience while we were exploring Singapore, such as we had about 15 hours trip in one day until we took a bus due to the train schedule (the last train was about at midnight), Arzie was lost in Orchard visit, we tried to find a hidden Indian restaurant named "Kebabs n Curries" at Mustafa badly, and the last thing is we (exclude Arzie) had to buy a new flight back ticket to Indonesia due to our 15 minutes late check-in and it cost about SGD 90 and something. I thought that was a good enough experience to explore Singapore.

This was just a BEGINNING of my Adventures !!

On our road to the famous Merlion Park
 Arrived at Merlion Park after took couple minutes from Esplanade
 We went to Esplanade, Theater on the Bay rooftop
Marina Bay Sands view from Esplanade rooftop

Chinatown MRT station
Bugis, a place where people used to buy gifts
We arrived at Botanic garden at the night
Arzie was at House of ...... Orchard road (?)
We ate some bread ice creams while pigeons were accompanying us
 Place: Orchard Road

My big bites (?)
Clarke Quay nightlife, it's pretty expensive for me, haha..
iFly, the world’s largest themed wind tunnel for indoor skydiving

Universal freeze!
Siloso beach, Sentosa island

We wish we went in haha..
Almost sunset at Siloso beach, Sentosa island
And here the video I made about our trip to Singapore

If you're planning to visit Singapore (backpacker way) and have something to ask about, feel free to ask me as usual. I'm gonna help you as much as possible. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment