Wednesday, September 23, 2015

AOE: First time seeing a real Koala and Kangaroo.

Once we hear about Australia; Opera House, Kangaroo, and Koala are suddenly appeared on our mind. That's exactly what happen to me when I was planning to go to Sydney. Since I have visited the Opera House on the second day of my Sydney trip, I kept saying to myself "I must see real Koala and Kangaroo!" almost every single day. Guess what? I spent few dollars to fulfill my desire. Instead of going to general zoo, I prefer to go to Koala Park Sanctuary. Almost all of Australia's authentic animals can be seen in this place.

Forest look-like makes this park remarkable.
Animals map. See, no giraffes, no lions, no tigers, and no other common animals that zoos used to have.
I am not interested with small birds, but this one, Budgerigars, just got my intention.
Dingo. I think I have heard its name, but I don't remember where I heard that name.
Hi there, I found you! This Koala was not in the cage. I found it when I was looking around.
I walked into an open-land caged by some woods. I could see some Kangaroos relaxing their *ss on the dirt. Guess what? I had no courage to take a selfie with the Kangaroos. Haha.. I was afraid they would kick my DSLR camera which is not mine but my gf's. So, I just played safe. Haha...
Kangaroo A: Hey, someone is staring at us.
Kangaroo B: It seems he wants to take a selfie with us.
Kangaroo C: Man, we have no time for that. We are sunbathing.
Cassowary. If you see the real Cassowary, you would be amazed of its size which is almost as big as Emu or Ostrich. 
Hi, my name is Emu! This Emu walked toward me and starred at me when I was aiming my camera to it. What a clever Emu!
Shaun the sheep (?)
The officer showed us to do sheep shearing.
He also taught us how to use boomerang. The boomerang hovers curving triangle. So, you have to throw it to the front and catch it back at your left or right side depends on how you throw it.
Fact 1: Koalas spend their lifetime mostly for sleeping.
Fact 2: New-born baby Koala is 2 cm long which is shorter than adult fingers.
These penguins don't need 'cold' weather to live. WOW!
And the last but not least. Wombat! like "Mortal Wombat"? Haha..
Actually, there are still more animals that I haven't showed here. That's no matter since the authentic animals have been showed in this post. So, I have fulfilled my desire finally. 

Authentic animals, places, foods, cultures, etc; become my traveling desire/passion since first time I went out of my original environment. I am pretty excited if I can meet my passion. Not for showing off but for sharing with other people. See you on another journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment