Monday, July 7, 2014

AOE: Festivals in Europe. Part Holland & Belgium.

Hallo everyone! Here I am again with AOE section from "Pritananda's trying to create something". In this AOE, I would like to share about my first adventure to the world as that was my first time to go abroad.

Start with my senior high school which having an audition for its Indonesian cultural group to participate some festivals in Europe in 2005. With my curiosity, I involved to that audition which held at my high school. The audition had 2 stages. In the first stage, we were tested about our physical skills such as doing some traditional dances, acting, playing traditional music instruments, and so on. The second stage, we did some knowledge testing such as speaking English, doing a psychological test, etc; which later I passed through them and became a part of my school's Indonesian cultural group called "Krida Art Group 4" or "KAG 4".

After we were trained for almost a year, finally we were sent to Europe with arriving at Schipol airport in Holland on July 2005. At first, I didn't believe that I went to Europe but as soon as I arrived there, I adapted quickly.

We had an Indonesian night in Terneuzen, Holland which showed all of our cultural we have through dancing and singing with angklung. And in short story, we participated some big festivals like Festival de Martigues in France (I share it later in "AOE: Festivals in Europe part France & Monaco.") and Odoorn festival; which has dozens of participators from around the world.

Our school gave us some guest parents to stay with. We were split into 2 or 3 persons per guest parent and it gave us a real European lifestyle. We also had fun when we had no schedule.

Me and my friend, Lizadri with Rombouts family (our guest parent in Odoorn)

Odoorn, Emmen map
Some big dolls in Odoorn festival opening
All of participators had to make a parade
Opening ceremony
Our introduction, "Rampai Aceh" dance
I was performing "Gong giring-giring" dance
We were playing puzzles at Corn Labyrinth
Our farewell party with guest parents in Odoorn
One more thing, we also visit Brussels, Belgium; just to had a breakfast there when we were having France-Holland trip.

Atomium in Brussels, Belgium. Not so bad hahaha...

Here is our video:
I would like to thank you to God, my parent, and my school, SMAT Krida Nusantara to give me a chance to see the world, Also I'd like to thank you to my  guest parent in Odoorn, Rombouts family who treat us so well. I hope I can meet you'all again next time. It's been 9 years since I had those journey. Dank u.

No comments:

Post a Comment